Using the Three Acts of Goodness (Do good deeds; Speak good words; Think good thoughts) as the guiding philosophy, provide a communication platform for outstanding and talented youths worldwide. Develop coexistence, service, mutual assistance and altruism through discussion on various topics such as culture, education, spiritual and environmental preservation to promote social harmony and world peace.
| Date and number of participants:
1) Retreat: July 22nd ~ 29th, 2018 (Sun~Sun), close: 13:00, July 29th .
150 Retreaters worldwide.
2) Seminar: July 29th ~ August 3rd, 2018 (Sun~Fri), register before 19:00, July 29th .
500 Seminar participants worldwide.
Venue:Fo Guang Shan Monastery, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Target Audience: Higher Education Youths Worldwide aged 18 to 35 (single).
Organizer: Fo Guang Shan Monastery
Co-organizer: Fo Guang University, Nanhua University, University of the West, Nan Tien Institute, Guang Ming College
Administrative Organizers: FGS Volunteer Association, Department of Buddhist Studies - Fo Guang University, FGS Tsung-Lin University
1. Lecture Topics: Buddhist View on Life, Buddhism in Daily Living, Humanistic Buddhism
2. Applied Buddhism: Life in a Ch’an monastery, community works.
3. Spiritual Cultivation: Outdoor meditation, chanting the Buddha’s name, sutra calligraphy.
1) For environmental purposes, all applications must be submitted online. Please visit the event website for online application forms.
2) Admission list will be posted on the event website and acceptance notice will be sent by email on June 15th, 2018.
Food and accommodation, and seminar fees will be sponsored by the organizers for the duration of the seminar.
(Please arrange own airfare, transportation to FGS and personal expenses)
Registration Deadline: From now until fulfilled.(April 30th, 2018 for students currently studying in Mainland China)
Contact: Fo Guang Shan Volunteer Association,Dashu, Kaohsiung 84049,Taiwan, R.O.C.
Tel: +886-7-6561921 ext. 5365
URL: http://www.fgs.org.tw/events/lifeandchan (Online applications accepted only)